After receiving your loan from us, if you are not completely satisfied with your experience, please contact us. We will email you a questionnaire so we can improve our services. When we receive your completed questionnaire, we will send you $100. Our guarantee expires 30 days after you receive your loan.
We reserve the right to change or discontinue our guarantee at any time. Limited to one $100 payment per funded loan. LightStream and SunTrust teammates do not qualify for the Loan Experience Guarantee.
* The APR listed3.29% APR is for an unsecured private party used auto loan between $10,000 and $24,999 with a term between 24 and 36 months, for applicants with excellent credit.
Your APR may differ based on loan purpose, amount, term, and your credit profile. Rate is quoted with AutoPay discount, which is only available when you select AutoPay prior to loan funding.
Rates under the invoicing option are 0.50% higher.
If your application is approved, your credit profile will determine whether your loan will be unsecured or secured.
Subject to credit approval.
Conditions and limitations apply. Advertised rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
Buy any car, from any seller.
Competitive fixed-rates with flexible terms and no fees or prepayment penalties.
Eight steps to buying a private party auto
It’s not as easy as strolling onto a lot and picking out the car you want, but buying from a private party has its advantages too. Primarily, you don’t have the pressure of dealing with someone who sells used cars for a living, which often means you can negotiate a better deal.
On the flip side, you aren’t going to have the protection of a warranty, so you want to make sure and do your homework before you purchase.
Here are some steps you can take to make sure you don’t pick out a lemon:
1. Do your research. Go to the independent sources online, including Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds and DriverSide, and get retail pricing for the condition and location of your chosen make and model, and be sure to get the private-party value. Align your desires to your budget.
2. Make a short list of possible acquisitions after you look through Craigslist, AutoTrader, Cars.com, your local newspaper’s classified ads and other sources you may find.
3. Call or email sellers. It’s a good idea to call in the late afternoon or early evening, when they are likely to have time, and you’re not interrupting them. Have a list of basic questions ready – including “why are you selling the car?”
4. Examine the car in person, and look at:
a. Gas and brake pedals for wear
b. Tires for even wear
c. Power accessories (windows, locks, stereo, etc.) to make sure they work
d. The shocks. Take turns at each wheel and push the car down three times, then let go. The car should bounce up, down, then stop
e. Look underneath the car for oil or coolant leaks. Look under the hood at the battery, air filter, hoses for signs of age and wear
5. Give it a test drive like you would normally drive. If you normally travel the freeway then try it there. Pay attention to brakes, acceleration and handling. Remember to look at the temperature gauge.
6. Arrange for a mechanic to inspect the car.
7. If it checks out and you like the car, make an offer. Having cash in hand gives you more leverage to close the deal.
8. Obtain the signed title from the seller when you finalize the purchase.
Two Auto Loan Solutions -- Unsecured or Secured: When you have excellent credit, you have earned the right to borrow without having to have a lien on your vehicle. For those with good credit, LightStream may offer you a secured auto loan. Either loan solution, you’ll have a simple, streamlined loan process from start to finish, and still backed by our $100 Loan Experience Guarantee.
At LightStream, we care about the environment and, more importantly, we try to do something about it. For one, we have created a paperless consumer loan experience at LightStream. By eliminating paper almost entirely from the LightStream loan process, we not only save our natural resources but we save on expenses as well, better enabling us to offer you highly competitive interest rates.
In addition, for every loan that we fund for our customers,
we will have a tree planted in one of our country's fragile habitat communities currently under restoration.
By clicking Continue, you will be taken to a third-party Web site which is not affiliated with LightStream, a division of SunTrust Bank.
security offered on the third-party site prior to providing any personal information. LightStream is not responsible for and does not
endorse, guarantee or monitor content, availability, viewpoints, partners, advertisers, products or services that are offered or expressed
on third-party Web sites. You can click the Return to LightStream.com button now to return to the previous page or you can use the Back
button on your browser after you leave.